HELP & HOW-TO'S
An Introduction to your dashboard in The Community.
From your dashboard home screen you will quickly have access to everything you could need to start growing your career as an independent musician.
Collaborate: The Collaborate page is where all the magic happens! This is where you will post what you need – whether it’s someone to collaborate with, feedback on something, a question you have for The Community members to answer, or more! There are 9 categories: Engineers, Features, Graphic Designers, Music Reviews, Musicians, News, Producers, Videographers, and XYZ.
News: The News page is our blog that will be updated every day with free resources, industry news, tutorial videos, interviews, and much more! You will want to check the News page daily and take advantage of all the free resources and knowledge provided.
Members: The Members page is where you will find fellow members of The Community to follow and friend request. You can search for users based on their profession (rappers, graphic designers, etc) and then sort them based on who was recently active, recently signed up, or just alphabetical. You can “Follow” anyone, but in order to privately message someone, you have to click on the “Connect” icon and that user will have to accept your request.
Affiliates:Who doesn’t like free stuff and saving money? Our Affiliate page will be a list of brands and companies that we work with. Each company has given us a discount code that is exclusive for The Community members!
If this is your first time signing in or signing up, check out the Welcome Page.
- If you have already registered, just go to https://thecommunity.indieamplify.com/ and enter the email address you used to sign up and the password you created.
- If you have forgotten your password, click the bottom “Forgot Password” button and enter your email address. Follow the instructions emailed to you in order to set up a new password.
- If you haven’t activated your account yet, you will need to check your email and click the activation link.
How to set up your profile.
If you are having questions setting up your profile, first watch the tutorial below.
If you have not fully set up your profile, go to the Home Page (LINK) of The Community and you will see the Complete Your Profile tracker:
If you are missing something in your profile, the numbers on the right will show as Red or Orange and the text next to it will appear as green. Click on the green text and it will take you to the correct page to enter the missing information.
HOW TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD
You can reset your password two different ways
- If you are not logged in, you can go to the login page and click the button on the bottom that says “Forgot Password”. This will prompt you to enter your email address. You will get an email with a link to click that will take you to a page to enter your new password. Click Here to reset your password.
- If you are logged in, you can go to the Account page in the menu bar by hover over this icon and clicking on “Login Information”. You will be prompted to enter your current password, and then scroll down and enter your new password 2x.
HOW TO COLLABORATE WITH OTHER ARTISTS
First and foremost, watch this short tutorial to see how to post for a collaboration.
A step by step guide is to:
- Click on COLLABORATE in any of the menu bars
- Click on one of the 9 category boxes that most closely fits what you are looking for
- In the top left of the screen, click on New Discussion
- Fill out the Discussion Title with something clearly stating the purpose of your post (examples “Need A Feature”, “Looking For A Graphic Designer”, “Having Problems In Logic, Help!”, etc)
- Fill out as much information as you can give in the body of the post where it says “Type your discussion content here”. Use this space to give details, instructions, and more.
- Using the first of the 5 icons (“Aa”) below the content box , you can change the formatting of the post. You can bold and italicize fonts, insert hyperlinks to text, add lists, or embed content.
- Attach whatever media to the post that is needed using 2nd and 3rd graphics on the bottom. The second icon with the camera is to upload any pictures. The third icon that says “Documents” is where you can upload any other media file such as a .mp3, .wav, .pdf, .doc, and more.
- Use the last two icons to add some flare to your post using .GIFs and emojis
- If you want to be notified when people reply to your post (which typically you will want to do), check the box that says “Notify me of replies via email”
- Click Post and your new discussion should show up right away!
HOW TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS
Once you have set up your own profile, we encourage you to easily invite your friends to become members of The Community!
Sending email invites is very easy. All you have to do is:
- Either click on the Email Invites logo on either the personal menu bar or the far right easy-access menu bar OR you can go to your profile and click the far right option under your profile picture that says “EMAIL INVITES”
- After you click on either of those options, an Email Invite form will appear on your profile page.
- Enter the names and email addresses of all the friends that you want to invite! You can send as many as you want at once, just click the green plus arrow to add more people
- You can customize the invitation however you want in the text field provided.
- Click send invites!
- At the top you can click “Sent Invites” and check to see if your friends have actually signed up yet!